"ThoughtFULL Corner"

There's a cosy corner in me, which is always brimming with thoughts,waiting to be unleashed. This seems "the place" to let my thoughts flow.. Hence the name - a corner full of myriad thoughts..

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thane, India

I can drive any sane person crazee.. :)

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why I am in awe of TV Serials !!

Well.... For quite some time now, I'v wondered how anybody (womenfolk to be precise), could get addicted to TV serials.. Being home for some time, gave me a chance to try and acquiant myself with TV ! Till now, whenever I, me or HJ switch on the TV, its news or songs or travel or geographic channels, depending on who-comes-first or who-is-more-persuasive at the given time !
Being with ma-in-law, I got to watch a few serials pretty regularly.. And they actually left me dazed... If you'r a character frm a serial, you'll hav to wear those heavy duty sarees all the while.. Add to it the i-dont-know how heavy jewellery... OMG ! Hats off for carrying it all with grace and elegance personified !
The telewriters must also hav to be very versatile.. Every festival has to find a place in the scheme of things... And so does the weather... IF it rains in Mumbai, there must be atleast one episode dedicated to rains !
WOW !! Gets difficult n more difficult, doesnt it ?
wel... the characters too, have to be either holier-than-thou or vampirish ! There is no such thing as regular people :) Well... i havent yet been able to come up with a suitable definition for regular people :)
Its fairly common to see a village belle ! (m a city girl, i really dont kno what a village belle is :) )getting married to a rich guy... All the folks are ultra rich, with those huge houses n bunglows n the works... Oops.. id i say works ?? ;) sorry ! nobody has to work in a serial... The money just appears ! Most of the marriages have to be convenience /scheme / deliberate ! There is no such thing as a normal arranged or love marriage, for that matter :)
My Goodness !!!! Does look like my acquaintance with the diot box and its serials, is about to undergo a major change ;) Hope I wont need to hide the remote everytime ;)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nitin said...

I echo your thoughts.
These so-called family drama has to some imoral stuff into it(I am not acting moral police but still).
If story is not going anywhere then main caracters some Son comes from his past afair.
Divorce, Extra Maritial afairs are common.
Every home has to have a Villain character. I have seen ladies feeling the pain of TV character.

Serial starts with a title and once the purpose of title is over it still keeps dragging. e.g Bidai (Even after character whose bidai is done serial goes on),
Pavitra Rishta(Their rishta is broken, they are divorced still Pavitra Rishta goes on),
Sajan Ghar Jana Hai (Girl comes to Sajan ghar, gets divorced still)

List goes on!!

Ekta Kapoor should be blamed to this generation change.

Anyways I will keep enjoying my Cricket!!!

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< My Turf

Google