"ThoughtFULL Corner"

There's a cosy corner in me, which is always brimming with thoughts,waiting to be unleashed. This seems "the place" to let my thoughts flow.. Hence the name - a corner full of myriad thoughts..

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thane, India

I can drive any sane person crazee.. :)

Friday, September 18, 2009

Hi..Hello…Good Morning... All the Friendly people say…..

Most of my writings are thought out in my travel time….
Nowadays, I take an auto from point A to point B, almost every morning to reach my workplace… The time taken is generally in the range of 15 to 20 minutes….
I pass by certain people and sights every morning…. The traffic warden, a particular vegetable vendor, a guy getting his shop cleaned up…..
I make it a point to flash a smile to a few of these people (its useless though, because m in a scarf, which usually covers 90% of my face…)…. Despite me being in a scarf and all, I still do get a few return and familiar smiles…I’ve wondered and wondered, do my eyes smile ? (well… m a little vain too ;) !) …Its enough to make me feel ‘all’s right with the world’ :)
I plan to make this series, where I’ll try to describe some of these people, whom I actually do not know at all, but seems like I’ve known them all my life...
There’s a pre-school on my way, Vivero International….
The school looks inviting enough to me, obviously since m not going to be studying there :P
But to any little tiny tot, being dropped to the school every morning seems like a harsh punishment, from their ruthless parents :)
Well.. there are a few exceptions, but then this echoes the general sentiment..
Ok, so this school has a small entry gate which is manned by a strict looking watchman / security..
The first day I passed by, I noticed his moustaches and thought, ‘what a strict looking huge fellow’…
And the next day… a mum n her whimpering kiddo at the gate… the ‘kaka’ (as I’ll address the security guard henceforth..), takes the little fellow’s hand, says something to him, he breaks out into a gleeful smile and walks in… The mum gets a reassuring smile from the kaka too ! One small gesture !!!!! The kid’s happy and so is the mum… Every time I passed by, I’ve seen a happy kid and a confident mom/ dad, that the kid is in good hands :)
It leaves me wondering… How many hours of work is the kaka putting in ?? Does he never have any problems at all ?? And yet, everytime I see him, all I see is the smile and the joy…. His smiles seem genuine enough to me…..
This ‘kaka’ reinforces my belief in the good-world…
Yes, the earth is still a good place to be……..
P.S. - The title of this post is one of my favourite poems, studied in std 1 or 2... reminds me how much effort mom took to teach me to say it with rhythm :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Darshana said...

nice post... love being a silent observer :)

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< My Turf

Google