"ThoughtFULL Corner"

There's a cosy corner in me, which is always brimming with thoughts,waiting to be unleashed. This seems "the place" to let my thoughts flow.. Hence the name - a corner full of myriad thoughts..

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thane, India

I can drive any sane person crazee.. :)

Friday, May 26, 2006

Reservation War...

In my school days I learned 'Democracy' - Govt by the people, for the people and of the people... Now I feel we need to revise this definition 'Democracy' - Govt by a few politicians for the vote bank and of a few people..
Reservations in higher education ? Whatever happened to merit and secularism n all the buzzwords ?
There is an uproar from the youth, but does our voice count ?
Govt has already passed the bill, the PM says the matter is settled..
For people like me this means I am going to be stranger in my own land..At the first opportunity all those 'general category' people are going to run abroad now..
Did the PM talk of brain drain reversal sometime ago ?
An interesting point is the people against reservation are all young blood..
The pro-reservation movement is majorly by the parties with people who are in the not-so-young-to-b-affected age group..Ther's a solution the politicians have come up with - Increase the general seats..Are we equipped to do this ? Do we have the infrastructure ? Why not come up with institutions specially for the OBC's ? 100 % seats reserved for the OBC's !
I might get a comment here saying that I am putting up all this because I m a Brahmin..
Fair enough.. I never knew what caste category my friends came under, now i'll definitly be
interested in knowing what kind of seat have they got in with.. Till date I thought of CAT , now I am going to start thinking of GMAT..
Makes no diference now.. I will be a 'foreigner' anyways in both the places.. :)
The fire rages on.... Is the government really for n of the common people ?? I keep wondering....

2 Comments:

Blogger Nitin said...

It seems watched TV a lot in stay at K'pur...Agression is showing the blog!!!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Div said...

Hi Prachi,

You're perfectly right - upliftment of the OBCs is only a guise our politicians are using to fill up their vote banks.

This is so damn apparent... and the people who vouch for it live in oblivion of the common man's opinions.

Div

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< My Turf

Google